Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tomato soup with Garlic Toast

The first thing my husband served me, after my tiring India to US flight, was Tomato soup and garlic toast. It was his rescue recipe and he survived on it for some 6 months.
He was using Campbell tomato soup and frozen garlic toast. But the soup was sort of not so tasty as my tastebuds were used to the flavourful and spicy indian food.

Then I showed him the twist to the tomato soup adding just simple flavours to it. And his eyes went bright when he tasted the same soup he was having for so many months.

Well, what I did was very simple.

Directions:

Pour the campbell tomato soup in a vessel, adding 1 cup of water. Bring it to boil. Add 1 tbsp butter, finely chopped garlic (2 cloves), some salt and pepper.Cook for 10 min. Garnish with chopped cilantro while serving.

Serve with Garlic toast. Texas toast in the oven 475F for 10-15 min.

Just the tomato soup and garlic taost can be comfort food in the winters.

No comments: